Hydro Power Overview
KGAL'S unique level of experience in design and engineering of Water Control Gates for Hydropower applications is unparalleled in the UK. From feasibility studies and detailed design for new power stations to inspection and refurbishment of existing equipment, KGAL offer a complete service in this field.
KGAL specialise in Control and Regulation of water within the complete Hydro Generation process, through; Dams and Holding Reservoirs, Intakes, Headworks, Draft Tubes and Tailworks.
Individual Gates are designed to provide bespoke solutions to each particular application, including;
|For Power Intakes and Headworks
- Access Doors and Bulkheads
- Maintenance Stoplogs and Bulkhead Gates
|Gate Operating Systems
- Fixed or Travelling Hoists
- Hydraulic Cylinder and Power Units
Our expertise is founded on Engineers with extensive previous experience in the "Design and Build" marketplace with major UK suppliers including; Ransomes and Rapier, Newton Chambers Engineering, Armfield Engineering, Biwater Hydro-Power, Kvaerner Boving and GE Hydro.
Recent contracts include;
- Complete detail design of all Gates and Screens for the Diversion Works, Dam Bottom Outlet, Power Intake, Tailrace and Aquaduct on the Glendoe Hydro Scheme - Scotland
- Site Survey and Review of Current Operating Criteria for all Gates at the Power Intake, De-silting Chamber, Dam Spillway, Draft Tube and Tailrace on the Nathpa Jhakri HEP - India
- Site Inspection and Condition report on the Power Intake Control Gates at Ffestiniog Pumped Storage Scheme - North Wales
- Design Evaluation and Approval of Construction Details for Distribution Gates - Vietnam
Whilst KGAL are recognised as the leaders in design for Radial/Tainter Gates, Bulkhead Gates, Wheel Gates, High Pressure Slide Gates, Stoplogs, Trashracks & Screens and all associated operating systems, we can demonstrate a track record in reverse engineering and refurbishment of large valves, governors, turbines and special hoisting equipment